at the first pop of the popcorn

|
This last week, a Japanese friend of ours from church came over for popcorn and a movie. She had never had popcorn before or seen it made over the stove. I pulled out our metal popcorn pot and poured into the pan some hard kernels. She looked in the pan before I closed the lid and then I started stirring while the kernels heated up. We couldn't see inside the pan, but we listened for the pop of the corn. Soon, it sounded like fireworks were going off in the pan. She looked at me with wide eyes and asked, "Is it safe?" I reassured her that it was, and once the corn had finished popping, I opened the lid and let her look inside. White fluffy corn filled the pot.

When she asked if it was safe, I couldn't help but think of when Jesus will come back. We don't know the hour when Jesus will arrive, but we can only keep our ears and hearts open to that day. When we hear the first pop of the corn or the first shout of the trumpet, I believe it will be terrifying and people will ask, "Is it safe?" And I guarantee you that for those who don't know Jesus, it will be the most frightening and dangerous day of their life. The bible says that every knee will bow on that day, whether that person believed in Jesus or had nothing to do with Him. The magnificence of Jesus will demand glory from us whether we like it or not.

Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.

Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your deeds complete in the sight of my God. Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. In a loud voice they sang: "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!"

Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting: "Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns. Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready."

Then the angel said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!' " And he added, "These are the true words of God."

I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter." He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. "

Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

1 messages:

jordan.cools said...

Keep writing and sharing.


p.s. *metal. ;)